- Focus on reactive selling.
- No knowledge of product's end user.
- No research.
- Flighting of monthly “consumer style” ads in trade journals.
- No segmentation of customers.
- Customer rating of 1/5 for marketing “Very dissatisfied” customer base.
- Very product focused.
- Direct sales only.
- No sales management function.
- High risk as >70% of branch sales in each of the two major branches went through 1 sales rep.
- Front counter had no products, and no indication of their range.
- Implementation of database marketing strategy into Africa.
- Sourcing of national distributor to carry the client’s products (for the first time).
- New client becomes biggest client within the space of one year.
- Implemented monthly customer training (aka relationship building).
- Development of tradeshow strategy to drive Africa sales.
- Ongoing customer research to ensure efficient customer engagements.
- Development of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Launch of 2 new value added services.
- Creation of industry leading in-house sales frontage.
87% increase in specific brand requested.
Client rating for “Marketing” up from 1/5 to 4/5 in first year.
Industry recognition for marketing improvement.
312% more interaction with key client segments.
47% increase in turnover in key client segments.
"Ultimately, the only thing that matters is the bottom line."
Joel Serman, Part-Time Marketing Director